Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply

cs32086

cs32086

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My Operating System will not load when I turn my computer on and instead it goes to the black screen where it asks if I want to use my last settings that worked or if I want to start in safe mode etc., well nothing works :tazz: and what it does is try to load but then a blue screen pops up briefly and states that:
windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
\WINDWOS\system32\config\SYSTEM

I tried running the recovery cd but that did not work either ;) and it is the only cd that came with my laptop(Toshiba Satelitte). If anyone else has had this problem and has suggestions on what to do, I would love to hear from you! ;)

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you choose command prompt then type sfc /scannow with the XP CD loaded or type chkdsk /f /r