Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Suggestions for Digital Camcorder

• Please log in to reply

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
I'm looking for some suggestions on a digital camcorder. It's for an older person who is slightly technically challenged. I'm looking for something that can be used in the same way as a digital camera, in the sense that you take a usb cable and plug it up to a computer and download the videos off. Is this even possible? I know nothing about camcorders.

Thanks.

Oh, i'm sort of looking at this one: http://www.amazon.co...3...0601&sr=8-1

Merry Christmas :)

Edited by Gravity Gripp, 21 December 2007 - 08:40 PM.

Advertisements

annabackwards

annabackwards

• PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

I'm looking for something that can be used in the same way as a digital camera, in the sense that you take a usb cable and plug it up to a computer and download the videos off.

Yeah, that's what the main camcorders on the market offer. I'd suggest a hard drive one, so that you can just record the movie and out it on the comp, and edit it if you want. I'd much rather have that then have to buy tapes and whatnot. Depending on your budget, you may also consider buying one with High definition (HD) so that it won't be so outdated in a few years.

I'd would therefore recommend any, with a hard drive capacity of at least 30gb. I'm sure you can find heaps of them if you google :)