Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need My Own Spy

• Please log in to reply

Errol M. Gibbs

Errol M. Gibbs

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I need a program that will monitor my OUTGOING Data stream, so I can see what is hogging my DSL line.

I know that something is working in the background as my cursor turns to an Hour Glass.

It may or it may not be Malware but something is using up my band width and slowing my DSL connection to a crawl.

The Program I need would monitor my outgoing DSL line and tell what is using what.

Please E-Mail me directly. Put Errols Spy in subject line

Vaya Con Dios
Errol

:) Hey I said no gravy :)

Edit: Removed Email Address

Edited by Excal, 22 December 2007 - 04:27 PM.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Any decent two-way software firewall will log all outgoing and incoming traffic.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I would recommend zone alarm or Kommodo firewall. I would also highly recommend going through are malware forum and letting them look at your system to make sure your not infected with malware.

Errol M. Gibbs

Errol M. Gibbs

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
OK I have the Norton Fire Wall. :)

Is there a way to set it up so that while I'm doing things on the net it will tell me whatever else is using it at the same time?

WITH OUT INTERUPTING WHAT I'M DOING? I.E. :) A small window that might show me a graph of my bandwidth, when things slowed down I could click on that window and it would tell me what was scurrying back and forth? :)

Vaya Con Dios
Errol M. Gibbs

Seltox

Seltox

• PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
I think Zonealarm firewall has an incoming/outgoing traffic indicator thing. It has a green and red bar in the taskbar icon thingo :)