Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Office Outlook 2003 Won't Stay Open

• Please log in to reply

nmolexjr

nmolexjr

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have recently upgraded my computer after all of this I tried to open my office outlook 2003 and it only stays open for a few seconds then closes. I even tried it in safe mode and it still does the same thing.

- nmolexjr

Advertisements

Big Ant

Big Ant

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
There was a similar problem with outlook 2002 that is fixed on microsoft's website:

-->http://support.micro...;Product=ol2002

I don't know if this is the same for outlook 2003, but you can try and see if it fixes the problem.

Pcs365

Pcs365

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Start-> Run; eventvwr.exe
Look in the Application log for events reported by Outlook at the time of
the crash.

Please post any err info on outlook crash, that you would find in EVENT VIEWER.

Delete the current profile that you have now and create a new profile.

The solution
Create a new mail profile. Here’s how to do that step by step:

STEP 1. Navigate to START -> Control panel

STEP 2. If necessary, switch to classic view so it looks like the picture below and double mouse click on “mail”

STEP 3. Click on the “show profiles” button.

STEP 4. “add” a new one. Click the “Add” button.

STEP 5. Type in a name of your choice for the new profile. You will then need to enter default email account information.

STEP 6. Make sure “prompt for profile to be used” is selected and choose OK. If it’s grayed out then you may need to select your new profile name from the dropdown box to change.

STEP 7. Start Outlook 2003. A prompt will appear asking you to choose the profile you want to use. Choose the new profile you created in STEP 5 and then, depending on if you have Business Contact Manager installed or not, rebuild the pst file and setup the new profile.

After that, send some email, check some email.

If the above steps did not resolve the issue please check this link: http://support.micro...ups_master#tab0

Regards,
Yateesh.
Bangalore.

Edited by Pcs365, 09 September 2010 - 12:35 AM.