Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor Problems (ViewSonic VX922)

• Please log in to reply

Riddell

Riddell

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Good day all,

I have a emachine "H6207" with an upgraded power supply(450) and 1 Gig of RAM. About a year ago i Installed a nVidia 7900 GTX graphics card... Was Installed properly, disabling onboard graphics card in safemode etc... worked great, untill 2 weeks ago.... PC would start up normally, but no display for about half hour... green light on monitor would just flash green. then just like that after a half hour... desktop would appear? This kept occuring untill about 3 days ago, and now nothing appears, and the green light continues to flash on and off. So thinking maybe the graphics card was the problem, or pehaps the power supply was at fault, I un-installed graphics card and re-installed onboard card, and plugged in my old CRT monitor... and works perfectly! But now this is where i get confused... i went out and bought a VGA cable so i could plug my viewsonic in rather than this old beasty monitor... and same problem has happend with the green light just flashing on and off? Is the monitor finished? its only 3 years old?

any information greatly appreciated!

Edited by Riddell, 26 December 2007 - 09:48 AM.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi Riddell, can you try testing the monitor on a different system?