Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Possible Javascript problems?

• Please log in to reply

DSS

DSS

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I am having problems accessing a few things on another forum. Plus I just noticed that I am even having problems on the Post New Topic page in this forum. In the other forum I have a private message and after I sign in there is a yellow envelope at the top of my forum pages showing that I have a message. If I hover my mouse over this envelope it shows "List Message" in the progress bar of Internet Explorer 6. If I click on the link, the progress bar shows: java script:note_frame(); and nothing happens. There are a couple of other links on that page that will show java script: type messages in the progress bar while I can hover over other links on the same page and see a new URL in the progress bar. These java script: messages appear after a white page with a yellow triangle that has an exclamation mark and I can click on that yellow triangle and a box will pop up showing there is an error on the page.

In fact, as I am writing this on the Post New Topic page, I see the yellow triangle symbol with the words Error on page after it and the box says
Line 347
Char. 4
Error: Object Expected
Code: 0

and I can't get anything to happen when I click on one of the Clickable Smilies.

I don't know if these two things are related, but they all seem to be on pages that show that there is an error on the page. I have also tried Firefox to see if I could access my private message that way, but I see the same java script:note_frame(); in the progress bar.

Thanks for any suggestions.

DSS

Advertisements