Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Realtech AC97 audio card setup

• Please log in to reply

skie_m

skie_m

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I have a friend online who is not tech-savvy ... I put together a guide/tutorial for them to set up their sound card for proper use with TeamSpeak for voice communication while gaming... unfortunately, they have a Realtech audio setup rather than the standard windows audio setup.

The following is my guide that I had put together ... I'll need one that points to the appropriate locations for their Realtech audio card interface, with similiar pictures provided, if possible. Thank's for your time and effort!

Posted Image

Ok this is Step 1 ... in your Volume Control menu, select "options" and then "properties" to get into this menu ... Make sure you are adjusting your playback volume right now, and have your microphone enabled to be displayed, then select "ok". When you get back out into Playback Control, set your microphone to "mute" by selecting the box at the bottom of it. This makes it so that you dont have your computer repeating everything you say back at you.

Posted Image

Step 2 ... In this step, we go back into the "options" and "properties", but this time we want to adjust the RECORDING volume ... make sure microphone is enabled to be displayed, and then select "ok". This changes your "Volume Control" into "Recording Control".

Posted Image

Step 3 ... In this step, you verify that you are in Recording Control, and make sure you select the box at the bottom of the Microphone section, to select it as your sole recording source. If your volume is too low for others to hear, see step 4, otherwise you may proceed to step 5.

Posted Image

Step 4 ... Your volume is set too low? Then click the "Advanced" button under the microphone section and select the "Mic Boost" option, then close that menu ... adjust your microphone recording volume to a reasonable level afterwards.

Posted Image

Step 5 ... log into teamspeak, go to "settings" and "options"...

Posted Image

Step 6 ... enter the "sound notifications" tab, select the option to "disable all sounds" and click "apply" This will disable that annoying voice that says "player left" "new player" "switched channel" all the time... :)

Oh yes, last, but not least ... DO make sure your microphone is turned ON, and use the "push to talk" feature over the "voice activation" feature, if you can! :)

The major issue at the moment is .... where to control the recording source (step 3). If that's all you can give me, I'ld still appreciate it ... feel free to copy/paste my little guide anywhere your friends may need it!

Advertisements