Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Disappearing e-mails

• Please log in to reply

terry giansanti

terry giansanti

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello all,

I am new here and have a hexing problem that I hope you can help resolve.

I live in Italy right now and operate a Dell Latitude D420 with Windows XP Pro and Outlook 2003.

Ever since I switched to my new ISP (Fastweb) 2 months ago there has been a problem with disappearing emails. Namely some email I send out to the States (to ALL comcast addresses and some other addresses) never reach their destination. Nor do I receive an email advisory letting me know that the email was blocked, etc. They simply disappear.

I did some research and found several possible answers.

My ISP (Fastweb) does not assign me a public IP but instead we all go through multiple-user IPs. That means that all my outgoing email is sent out thru a IP that is used by many other Fastweb clients. The very same IP I was assigned, 89.97.35.71, is on many spam blacklists due to spam being sent out thru that IP by other users/by a hacked central server/by whatever else.

Can this be the problem?

Some people have said it is impossible because at the most I should be receiving the advisory emails that my email did not get thru because of a spam block or something like that.

It could also be a bug with my outlook 2003 program? Or any other thing?

I am trying to pinpoint what I can do to diagnose before deciding what the next step to take should be. Changing ISPs is something I'm trying to avoid if at all possible because in Italy it takes ridiculously long to do so.

Thanks

Advertisements