Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

white pixel

• Please log in to reply

friedpooodle

friedpooodle

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
I have a white pixel on my monitor that is stuck there. I was just wondering if this could be fixed somehow. Please reply.

Advertisements

BePro

BePro

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Is it a tube monitor or a LCD/Flat type of monitor.

I would imagine its an LCD type of monitor or laptop screen, as one bright pixel can happen on them. It is odd for a CRT to have such a problem.

Try using the monitor on another computer and see if the white pixel is still there. If it is, then its your monitor.

As far as fixing it goes, it is not easy, and if its a LCD or similar technology, then chances of fixing it are real slim. Even so, its something you probably cant do yourself, and would cost too much money to have someone look at it.

In cases such as that, Most technitians will not even bother with it.

(BTW, I am 75% done in college for a degree in Electronics Engineering)

Edited by BePro, 19 April 2005 - 11:36 PM.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
to amplify, dead pixels are common in LCDs

White and black=dead

sometimes, they will be colored. these are stuck pixels

A dead pixel is almost always dead for good; a stuck pixel will sometimes come back to life and--believe it or not--rubbing the screen gently can sometimes coax it back to the living.

LCD makers have different policies, but generally speaking anything less than 3 dead pixels is acceptable to them--some even say less than 7.

Some companies offer no-dead pixel policies guarantees for a price, especially with laptops.

friedpooodle

friedpooodle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Yea, it's a laptop monitor so I'm guessing the best thing to do is try and ignore it.