Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how to recover my control panel

• Please log in to reply

Kraker

Kraker

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Is there a simple way to get my control panel back? I logged in as Administrator & opened user accounts but with my limited knowledge I could not figure out how to change any settings that would change these restrictions. Thanks.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
See this post by Mr. Charlie: http://www.annoyance...2184#1192393986

Kraker

Kraker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
When I go to the above, I get a message that DL the file (.exe) can potentially harm your computer. Should I disregard this warning & DL anyway. Thanks for your help.

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Hi there Kraker
While Ztruker providing you with quality help in a couple topics the issues your posting about are all spelling out to a malware issue.

I would highly advise you to go ahead over to the malware forum do as many steps as possible in the start here topic then post a HJT log there for someone to see what is running on your machine.

Please run through the steps outlined in this Topic
Post back a fresh log in the Malware forum please

birdylad

birdylad

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hey my control panel icon dissappeared from my start menu and i am unable to access certain files (task manager) as i dont have clearance or have been restricted