Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express 6 - missing contacts, unable to send/open e-mail

• Please log in to reply

Billi

Billi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I searched the forums to find a solution and came upon one post that seemed to describe my problem; however, the solution given did not work. The solution was for earlier version of Outlook Express.

I have windows XP and use Outlook Express 6. When I attempt to open the Address Book in Microsoft Outlook Express or add an address to the address book, I receive the following error message: Address Book failed to load. Outlook Express is incorrectly configured, please re-install.

When I try to open a message or create a message I recieve the following error message: There was an error opening this message. An error has occurred.

When I search for the *.wab files...my address book shows 0 KB and the guest address book shows 173 KB. Where did my address book disappear to? Does this mean that all my addresses are gone? In addition to losing all my addresses, I am unable to open any messages and must read them in the preview pane. I cannot reply to any messages and I cannot create any new messages. Please help!!

Advertisements

asit123

asit123

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the same problem exactly since last 15 days. I have uninstalled & reinstalled Outlook Express , but no help.