Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ASUS a8n32-sli deluxe Motherboard CPU upgrade?

• Please log in to reply

Sirius Black

Sirius Black

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
I have an ASUS a8n32-sli deluxe Motherboard, it has 2 gigs of memory and
an AMD Athlon 64 processor 3200+ 939 socket. I run Windows XP. I know it's obsolete by now but my PC is still in good shape & hasn't failed me yet.
I need to upgrade the processor but I don't know which will work. I'm interested in the AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 6000+ 3.0 GHz Processor but I don't know what all the numbers mean. I just want to know if this one will work with this motherboard. I also do not intend to do any overclocking. The games I have now ( CoD 4, F.E.A.R, Halo and such) run just fine with the system as is. I just would like something thats got the power to run the editing programs I use better & faster than the current CPU. I use Photoshop CS2 along side other photo editing programs extensively and while the OEM processor does a fair job I'm in need of something that will speed up work efficiency. Are there other processors that are better than the one I'm looking at for under $300?
Thank you all.

Edited by Sirius Black, 29 December 2007 - 04:13 AM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The 6000 processor is an AM2 processor and will not work in your current board.
939 processors brand new are getting hard to find.