Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Office 2007 - OUtlook Address Book

• Please log in to reply

cant-figure-it-out

cant-figure-it-out

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I found a few older posts in the forums but the one i needed was never answered and all the other links didn't apply to me. :)

So i received a new laptop for Christmas (has vista on it, which i think will take forever for me to find all the things that i was use to on XP) I bought a data transfer cable and followed the instructions for all of that. Before i return that one to factory state (for on of my kids) I want to make sure everything was moved correctly.

My mail is working and it much to my surprise all the accounts are sending / receiving just fine. :) I have office 2007 on both of the pc's. My big issue (besides finding s**t in Vista) is that my address book is BLANK. But on the Contact list (over in the side bar area) all of my contacts are there. If I open a new message and click on the TO: the address book naturally opens up and nothing is there. :)

In my account settings, under address book there is now only one entry (i deleted the other upon reading posts) it reads: outlook address book.... MAPI

Thanks for any help. :)

I did this as well:
http://office.micros...=CH100776981033
The box is grayed out, and when i click on new it states i cannot add since there is already one in the list. (outlook address book that is) if I click change, nothing shows up in that box, and i can't get anything to open in which to choose where the address book is coming from. So confused now.

Edited by cant-figure-it-out, 29 December 2007 - 11:28 AM.

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
cant-figure-it-out,

Are you still having issues with this? When you say the box is grayed out, what box are you referring to?

cant-figure-it-out

cant-figure-it-out

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yes still having issues. Thank you.

When in Outlook, Go menu, Folder List.... Right click properties on the contacts folder....

From reading other posts regarding this issue I should be able to check mark the box reading ....Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book.
That box is gray and will not allow me to do this. (that is microsoft's answer on their support pages as well) :) as per the link in my first post.

I read another post about adding a new account, I tried that..... but it seemed to be missing a few steps and all i ended up with another list of folders and contacts, which still did not actualy add my contact list to the address book.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
can't-figure-it-out,

So in the Microsoft link that you posted, they had instructions to follow if your checkbox was grayed out. You were instructed to Reset your Outlook Address Book settings. I'm unclear from what you said whether or not you followed those instructions. I know you said you tried to add a new address book, but that section instructed you to delete your current one first.

sari

cant-figure-it-out

cant-figure-it-out

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I did as that link instructed.

I have my contacts, but they are all under the contacts, and won't show up in the actual Address Book. Ie.... when i create a message and click on TO: or CC: the address book opens up and it's blank.