Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can anybody tell me what these errors mean?

• Please log in to reply

el_rata_y3k

el_rata_y3k

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Ok so I installed fedora core 8 and tried to play mp3s with the default players it brought but it just did not work because it said that xine was unable to play mp3s for some odd reason and told me to install it again

I downloaded the source code for xine and run configure and it did not say that it was missing any dependencies, but when i do the make command it just gives me an error at the end and i just don't understand what it means. Can anyone tell me what am doing wrong?

These are t he errors that I get

make[5]: Entering directory `/root/Desktop/xine-lib-1.1.8/src/input/vcd/libcdio'
if /bin/sh ../../../../libtool --tag=CC --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../../../include -I../../../../src/input/vcd/libcdio -I../../../../include -I../../../../lib -I../../../../lib -D_REENTRANT -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DXINE_COMPILE -Wformat=2 -Wno-format-zero-length -Wmissing-format-attribute -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wstrict-aliasing=2 -mtune=pentiumpro -O3 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -falign-functions=4 -falign-loops=4 -falign-jumps=4 -fexpensive-optimizations -fschedule-insns2 -ffast-math -finline-functions -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wnested-externs -Wcast-align -Wchar-subscripts -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes -g -O2 -DNDEBUG -MT _cdio_linux.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/_cdio_linux.Tpo" -c -o _cdio_linux.lo _cdio_linux.c; \
then mv -f ".deps/_cdio_linux.Tpo" ".deps/_cdio_linux.Plo"; else rm -f ".deps/_cdio_linux.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../../../include -I../../../../src/input/vcd/libcdio -I../../../../include -I../../../../lib -I../../../../lib -D_REENTRANT -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DXINE_COMPILE -Wformat=2 -Wno-format-zero-length -Wmissing-format-attribute -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wstrict-aliasing=2 -mtune=pentiumpro -O3 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -falign-functions=4 -falign-loops=4 -falign-jumps=4 -fexpensive-optimizations -fschedule-insns2 -ffast-math -finline-functions -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wnested-externs -Wcast-align -Wchar-subscripts -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes -g -O2 -DNDEBUG -MT _cdio_linux.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/_cdio_linux.Tpo -c _cdio_linux.c -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/_cdio_linux.o
_cdio_linux.c: In function 'get_mcn_linux':
_cdio_linux.c:305: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'strlen' differ in signedness
_cdio_linux.c:305: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of '__strdup' differ in signedness
_cdio_linux.c: In function 'eject_media_linux':
_cdio_linux.c:415: error: 'INT_MAX' undeclared (first use in this function)
_cdio_linux.c:415: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
_cdio_linux.c:415: error: for each function it appears in.)
make[5]: *** [_cdio_linux.lo] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/root/Desktop/xine-lib-1.1.8/src/input/vcd/libcdio'
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/root/Desktop/xine-lib-1.1.8/src/input/vcd/libcdio'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/Desktop/xine-lib-1.1.8/src/input/vcd'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/Desktop/xine-lib-1.1.8/src/input'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/Desktop/xine-lib-1.1.8/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Advertisements

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
It looks like you may have a dependency issue. The libcdio may be the wrong version for the package your compiling. The kernel header may not be loaded.

Why don't you try re-installing from the distro's repositories using the package manager?