Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista start-up issue

• Please log in to reply

Tiriosh

Tiriosh

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've recently put together a new system for use and it dual-boots Windows XP Pro x64 and Windows Vista Ultimate x64, now XP loads great and no issues at all ever. But Windows Vista x64 has been a real.. uhm, different experience. I repeatedly get the Blue Screen of Death while loading, regardless of whether it is Safe Mode or not, Vista and I get like a Stop error 0x000007e, (correct amount of zero's..? My eyes bug out sort of after a certain amount) and I've tried loading the windows Vista disc to Startup repair, which finds, attempts, but fails to repair whatever it is.

Here's the Startup Repair thing.. and I am using two Nvidia 8800 Ultra's in SLI format and recently just downgraded my drivers back to the version that the driver disc came with in an attempt to fix this.. I'm certain it has to do with my Video Drivers but i might be wrong... I also have the 680i Motherboard. Anyways!

Problem Signature:
Problem Event Name: Startup RepairV2
Problem Signature 01: ExternalMedia
Problem Signature 02: 6.0.6000.16386.6.0.6000.16386
Problem Signature 03: 2
Problem Signature 04: 65537
Problem Signature 05: unknown
Problem Signature 06: 0x7e
Problem Signature 07: 0
Problem Signature 08: 2
Problem Signature 09: WrpRepair
Problem Signature 10: 2
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

^this makes no sense to me what so ever, but I hope that someone here can help me as I really, really really would like to get this resolved so I can start using Vista again.

Also. For some reason also if I load after this with the disc in, but don't load off the Vista OS disc, I generally can load into Vista.. I take the disc out and get the Blue Screen of Death.. strange! And it makes finishing Call of Duty 4: Modern Warefare a bit difficult if I can't even load the game again due to needing that disc.

If someone can help me that'd be awesome! Thanks!

I also have like only my Mouse, Keyboard, and Headset plugged in so it shouldn't be hardware, unless it's something to do with my Modem... and is it normal for ALL my drives (HDD's, CD/DVD, and Floppy Drive,) to appear as remove-able in Vista at the Safely Remove Hardware button thing? Thanks. :)

(Sorry if this is the wrong part of the forums also.. I have no idea where else to've posted this, and this seems only to apply to Vista and not my XP installation so it has something to do with the OS in particular.)

Advertisements