Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

monitor too bright!

• Please log in to reply

hereschrisss

hereschrisss

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi, I've just got a new monitor, its an ACER P193W LCD, its working fine but its way too bright even with the reccomended settings, ive been playing with the brightness and contrast for a couple of days but cant get it right, it actualy hurts my eyes. Anyone got any help or ideas on how to get it ok? or the right brightness and contrast settings? i found an option on the menu for changing the brightness of red blue and green and i thought i was getting there but i cant find it again. :) Thanx in advance

Ive got it set at 1440 x 900 pixels and sRGB

Edited by hereschrisss, 30 December 2007 - 02:42 PM.

Advertisements

Thebinaryman

Thebinaryman

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
are you using software programs to adjust this, or the menu with the physical button on the monitor? a combination of both settings might help you turn it down, or perhaps if your video card has a gamma adjustment in it's properties, that could aid in darkening the screen.