Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Major Laptop Fault

• Please log in to reply

iiDanny

iiDanny

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Okay, to start with hello. :)

I have a major problem with my laptop, the model of it is:
HP Pavilion dv6000

Earlier on I downloaded a virus, thought it was only minor and I thought bit defender had removed it. It then turns out that it's major, I kept getting error messages everywhere about jkhhg.dll and jkhhg.exe and also about rundll.exe. I was confused and didn't know what to do, just kept "X"ing away the error messages, then it got worse. My laptop would just reboot itself if I tried to scan with bit defender or had too much open etc, it kept closing programmes such as Task Manager and regedit.. windows was closing them. Then "Dr Watson Post-mortem" errors came up and then that was it.

My laptop doesn't even come on any more, boots itself up and then I get blue screen about a minute after its on the desktop. Just keeps doing that repeatedly. I can't see the blue screen to tell you what it says unfortunately it goes off too quick. I can't run in safe mode, the blue screen error happens and reboots again and no other safe mode options allow me to start up. eg; debug mode etc.

Is there any help on this on what you can do :)

Please, if you need any more information just ask - although it is limited as I can't get on laptop any more.

Advertisements

Seltox

Seltox

• PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
This type of thing happened to me 3 times this year. Unfortunately I never found a very good way to solve it. Only do this as a _last resort_ honest.

First thing you should do is try to backup your files. I'm not sure how you would go about this with a laptop (are their HDD's easily removable?), but on my desktop I noticed that I had corrupted system files, so Windows couldn't boot. To get around this I removed my HDD and placed it in another computer, booting from that computers HDD. From here I had access to all my files and was able to store the ones I wanted.

Anyway, after that I reformatted my computer (using a windows 98SE install CD :)), and then simply installed XP on the computer again and copied my files back onto it.

Problem here was that the computer crashed again in the same way 3 days later. Repeated the process again, and it lasted about 1 month this time. I decided it was time for a more thorough fix and got a program specific to my HDD model to totally remove _everything_ from it (It is still possible to retrieve old data after formatting) and then installed xp again, 4 months later and my computer is going fine :).

Now, I say again, do this as a _last resort_. It's a very annoying and sometimes difficult procedure - and i'm SURE there is a better way, I just never found it. Wait for some more answers from the folk here.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
First thing you need to do is get your computer clean. Read through this area:
Malware Removal Guides and Tutorials

Post your HijackThis log here:
Malware Removal - HijackThis™ Logs Go Here

Be patient as the malware removal experts are extremely busy and it may take a day or three for them to get to you.