Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

multimedia audio controller and sm bus controller

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
my computer had huge problems and we brought it into best buy and got it fixed. it has lots of upgrades from when we bought it. it's a e-machine t6412 not sure what the sound card in is called. but in the device manager it says multimedia audio controller and sm bus controller and they both have yellow question marks next to them. i tried updating them and it said it couldn't find any.

what can i do to fix this? there's no sound at all on my computer.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Sounds like the machine has been wiped.
It's missing a bunch of drivers which should have been sorted at the shop. Take it back and get it finished.

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
you can also try updating thru ms update...use the custom option...on the left side click on hardware...update any hardware it says you have updates for...reboot and see if it works...