Ok, well i found that mobo won't be compatible wiht my hardware. I need a PCI ex 16 slot, AMD 939 athalon 64 X2 4200+ compatible mobo, with dual channel memory, and 3 pci slots. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.
Also, I have some questions:
1. It's been a while since I've done this so, how much arctic silver 5 thermal paste should I apply to my processor to put my heat sink on.
2. does anyone know the symptoms of a CPU failing (just curious)? And plz include some physical details if possible.
3. Let me know of some trustworthy websites to order computer parts. I know zipzoomfly, New egg, tiger direct. I've looked at geeks, and a few others... check out this one and let me know what you think: http://maincomp.stor.../asa8ses93.html
4. When looking at motherboards I found SLI ready. does that mean you have to have everything compatible with SLI, like do you have to have an SLI psu, and have 2 video cards which are SLI to be able to operate with that board? Or can you use it like any other board, and just run 1 graphics card on it? This is some valuable info, cuz if I can do what I think you can do, I will buy one that is SLI ready so I can do things in the future.
5. The same goes with Cross Fire. I was going over some information and found an intersting article comparing Crossfire vs. SLI and I think i would prefer Cross fire. And sine I have a ATI card, I would prefer an ATI chipset in a motherboard... so there is some more specifications I would like to find... And I have been seeitn Asus with these specs more often, so let me know what all you find.
Edited by strikermed, 03 January 2008 - 01:57 AM.