Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wireless signal dropping

• Please log in to reply

jayteee

jayteee

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Ok ive tried everything to try and sort this problem out, ive looked in my events logger and there are no errors anymore with my DHCP, ive tried a different sockets round the house and that ended up in the same result. On my laptop i have 2 network adapters and was just wondering if they could be cancelling each other out or something.

Atheros AR5007UG Wireless Network Adapter
Realtek RTL8101E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0) - both up to date.

If this doesn't solve my problem then i deffinatley know its my router because it randomly drops the signal on my mums laptop as well, she uses xp and i use vista.

EDIT

Should i deselect this box:
Posted Image - same with the other one.

Edited by jayteee, 01 January 2008 - 06:43 PM.

Advertisements

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
It sounds like to me that you may have some interference with your wireless network. Do you have any cordless phones in your house? Do you know if they are 2.4Ghz?

jayteee

jayteee

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
yea i have 3 cordless phones, if they are 2.4Ghz what can i do?

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
To test this out, just unplug all of the phones and see if the connectivity improves. Make sure that they are turned off though.