Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Disappearing Website

• Please log in to reply

pmorjal

pmorjal

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all,
I am having no success connecting to "www.astronomy.com"......using - first - Firefox (version 2.O), and also IE6. What happens is that the website briefly starts to open, then ZAP - within half a second - it AND the browser close, returning me to my Desktop......I have called my ISP - Comcast - and they don't have a clue. I have tried without a firewall (scary) to no success...I have lowered security settings to no success. I've tried flushing dns - whatever means - to no success.
Using XP, have made no changes, no gaming on this computer, it is a 'clean' machine.....clear temp/history/etc on a Daily basis...
I am open to any suggestions.....all other websites open fine. I called the Website, they said to - you guessed ite - call the ISP. By the way, Comcast was able to open the website on their end...go figure...
so, any help appreciated..
Thanks, Pete

Advertisements

hary

hary

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Works ok here with firefox/ie/opera.

Something in your system doesn't like.

Have you looked at Evenviewer to see if its logged the cause of fault.

run > eventsvwr