Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Making a Website

• Please log in to reply

vj62

vj62

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Allright guys, so here's the situation

Recently, I have read an article in which the creator of a blog earned about $5000 in one month, using google adsense.

I was interested in making a blog already, but this just made me commit to it.

Now, I'm wondering, is this really possible?

Also, what do you want the topic of my blog to be? Because I am looking for a topic that is attractive to many people.

Thanks

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
I'd say your blog has to be interesting to you, not just to us, or you won't enjoy writing it which means we won't enjoy reading it. However, I'd say blogging simply in the hopes that you'll make money is not the way to go. The successful bloggers knew what they wanted to blog about when they started, and can do it in a way that attracts and keeps readers. You need interesting subject matter, and a writing style that engages and interests your readers. I would suggest you start reading other people's blogs. Which ones get a lot of comments? Which ones seem to be interesting or informative? Is there a niche in the blogosphere that needs to be filled, a subject that isn't being written about that interests you? It's much like starting a business - if you're not going to enjoy it and attract customers, it won't be successful.