Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Running Unlocker in Vista

• Please log in to reply

amadeusmozart

amadeusmozart

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I am unable to run unlocker in Vista. When I looked on the FAQ section on the unlocker website it gave this advice.

How to make Unlocker work on Windows Vista? You need to deactivate UAC globally for the whole system or locally just for Unlocker. Globally, go to "Control Panel" then "User Accounts" then again "User Accounts" then "Turn User Account Control" and set it to Off, then restart your computer. Locally go to the Unlocker install directory (usually C:/Program Files/Unlocker), right-click Unlocker.exe, select Properties, and on the "Compatibility" tab, under "Priviledge Level" enable "Run this program as administrator". Click "allow" everytime you will get the UAC prompt to ask if you want to run Unlocker. Thanks to Mike Cerminara for his help.

However, my computer already had User Account Control turned off, and when I tried to change the properties of unlocker by clicking the tab in the "compatibility" section that said "Run this program as administrator" but it was greyed out and I couldn't click it.

Can anyone help me with this please?

Advertisements