Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2.5 inch hdd recognized as dvd?

• Please log in to reply

mental1896

mental1896

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I found an old 2.5" drive and bought a new enclosure for it since the old one seemed to have crapped out. After putting it together and plugging it into my vista system, the drivers installed automatically. The only problem is that my computer thinks it's a dvd drive. I also tried it in my XP system and I got the same problem. It's a Toshiba MK4019GAX 40GB. The only explanation I can think of is that perhaps it was formatted for a different OS, making it unreadable. Can anyone explain this to me?

Advertisements

lizbr

lizbr

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
One of my usb sticks come up as a cd drive, however you can still add files to it through my computer. Can you still add files to it?