Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Speaker problem

• Please log in to reply

Samjula

Samjula

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
Hey gang. I've got a set of logitech z-560's (4.1), they're pretty old and seen better days. The left rear and left front connections on the back of the sub have completely died, I don't get anything from them. So, at the moment im using them as a 2.1 system with the right front and right rear speakers sitting infront of me. a cable goes from the sub to the volume/bass control hub and then two input cables go to the back of the pc. I have it set on my soundcard software so that both connectors and front channels. But this just gives be two front right speakers, not a front right and left.

It sounds ok for most things, i mainly use them for music. But when a song is heavily split over left and right channels, i.e. guitar in left, drums in right, its not so ideal as i dont get whatever is playing through the left, or very quietly. I only want two have it as a 2.1 system for now, the other 2 speakers are completely disconnected, but is there anyway i can get one speaker playing the left output and one playing the right despite their configuration on the back of the subwoofer? Or alternatively is there anyway the two satellites could play exactly the same thing, like each have their own left and right channels? A bit of sofware that can do it for me maybe?

It's quite difficult to explain so please feel free to ask me to clarify things. Its probably not possible and i should just buy some new'uns, but has anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Edited by Samjula, 05 January 2008 - 01:25 PM.

Advertisements