Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FPS problems with HL1/CS1.6

• Please log in to reply

Eminem

Eminem

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hello! I'm writing here, because i can't get fix this alone. What is the problem exactly? I can't get 100 fps constant on HL1 or CS1.6 for example. I'm not playin CS, but i joined to see what would be my FPS. 14 ppl in a map which is 2 sides - my fps was 30-50. In half-life FPS is 100, but when there's more action on the screen etc.. and it's dropping 50-60-70 it depends on how much ppl are there on the screen. My computer specs are : AMD Sempron 2500+ 1,8 ghz ATI Radeon 9550 128 MB AGP 8x 512 MB DDR PC3200. I scanned for viruses/spyware removed everything, tried formatting, tried different drivers updated chipset drivers, but i can't still find the problem. Hope you guys will help me :/

EDIT: i also tried no vsync, no aa, no af, low details, commands - no difference.

Edited by Eminem, 05 January 2008 - 11:24 AM.

Advertisements

Eminem

Eminem

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
so no one can help me ?

Eminem

Eminem

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
come on guys, it's really important. :<

reconman

reconman

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
Please, pestering isn't going to speed up the helping process. Doesn't seem like there's anything wrong with your computer, according to the specs you posted, it's just not a great computer. In fact, I'd consider it obsolete.

Eminem

Eminem

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
so, i've deinstalled my soundcard drivers, and with no sound the game was running perfeclty 100 fps. When sound is installed - it's dropping. My current soundcard is C-media AC97 onboard. I tried realtek sound same [bleep]. Can anyone help me? It's really important

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
More action = more stress on the system = lower framerates.

Sound rendering takes up CPU cycles, so with no sound to render the framerates will be higher. But then again, you have no sound...

The only solution to your "problem" (console games typically are designed to run at 30fps... the average human eye can see no more than 72fps... I'm not sure why you need 100fps) is to upgrade your computer or get a new one.

Eminem

Eminem

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
yeah, i will upgrade to AthlonXP Mobile 2,4 ghz. And i dont think that 10 year old game, needs some extra parts to run properly.