Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

aol error

• Please log in to reply

konix777

konix777

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Well, i'm trying to start up aol and it's giving me this error code everytime.

it says error code C0000006 with the mlang.dll.

Anyone know what I could do?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Is this message generated only by AOL or is it generated by other programs as well?

Error C0000006 can be a generic issue affecting all Windows programs (which means it'll be easier for somebody to try and fix here) or an issue unique to AOL (which means nobody outside of AOL software development knows that it means).

konix777

konix777

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
this particular message is just generated by aol but our other programs are messing up as well. I just was able to boot up the computer again after a blue error screen that said unmountable_boot_volume. I fixed it using chkdsk /p in the recovery console. After I finally got the desktop back up, none of the programs were really working. I had to get an entirely new microsoft office package for powerpoint and word, and now aol 9.0 won't start. I installed 8.0 and it works fine. I even managed to get my dad's address book back for him. So here's the deal. If there's some way you could get aol 9.0 working, that would be awesome. If not, all my dad really needs is his favorites that were saved in 9.0. It contained all the research he'd done for this project he's working on. Thanks a lot for reading through all this and I appreciate any advice you're willing to give (other than ditching aol, which is the obvious fix lol).

Doobieus

Doobieus

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Hey Konix,

Quick question.

9.0 Optimized? or 9.0 Optimized SE? or 9.0 Security Edition?