Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Router Hiccups

• Please log in to reply

GlobalNomads

GlobalNomads

• Pip
  • 9 posts
We picked up a Belkin54G router in the UK last week intending to hook it up on our Turk-Telecom system in Istanbul (we wanted an English language based router to make the tech side easier for us to deal with). We were replacing an old AirTies router bought in Istanbul that was failing.
It is installed and working now, however when it comes to downloading pictures (like an image search using google images) it won't download the pics or at least won't download most of them. I end up with a white box with a little red X in it.
Regular pages like CNN, FOXNews etc. download without an issue along with the pics they display. I can't help thinking that there must be a setting I need to adjust to allow it to work as well as our old one did.

Any Ideas?

Stan
Istanbul

Advertisements

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
Typically this means that either the images are broken (meaning that the place where they were stored, no longer has them stored hehe) or they could be filtered. Since places like cnn and foxnews work, I can't say that it's your router. Also, try to access these pictures from another computer outside of your router, like a friends house or library and see if you can get them pulled up. If you can, then we'll take another look at your router.