Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Funny UST Scandle.avi-Not Deletable [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

uptown hunk

uptown hunk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Hi don77
Actually my IE-7 was givin problems..Maybe thats why i wasnt able to run the kaspersky scan..neys i got through this one

Attached Files

Advertisements

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Its only finding the tools we have been using and some cookies :)

Time for some housekeeping
  • Click START then RUN
  • Now type Combofix /u in the runbox and click OK

• Posted Image

• When shown the disclaimer, Select "2"

The above procedure will:
  • Delete the following:
    • ComboFix and its associated files and folders.
    • VundoFix backups, if present
    • The C:\Deckard folder, if present
    • The C:_OtMoveIt folder, if present
  • Reset the clock settings.
  • Hide file extensions, if required.
  • Hide System/Hidden files, if required.
  • Reset System Restore.

Next

Nice job your log is clean ! :)
How is it running ?
Please use the following suggestion to help prevent reinfection

• Download the following program, For keeping crap off your system to begin with
    Prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted pests. Block spyware/tracking cookies in Internet Explorer and Mozilla/Firefox. Restrict the actions of potentially dangerous sites in Internet Explorer.
    Download
    Spyware Blaster
    Spyware Guard
    IE-Spyad

• Online scan
    For an added check run an online virus scan, you can use one of the 2 below,
    TrendMicro's HouseCall
    ActiveScan

• Clean out Temp Folders
    Be sure and give the Temp folders a cleaning out now and then as well, A handy tool to do this
    Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
    • Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
      Under Main choose: Select All
      Click the Empty Selected button.
    If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
    NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
    If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
    NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
    Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
    For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.

• Updating Java and Clearing Cache:
    • Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on the Java Icon (coffee cup) in the Control Panel.
    • It will say "Java Plug-in" under the icon.
      Please find the update button or tab in the Java Control Panel. Update your Java then reboot.
    • If you are unable to update you can manually update by going Here
    • After the reboot, go back into the Control Panel and double-click the Java Icon.
    • Under Temporary Internet Files, click the Delete Files button.
    • There are three options in the window to clear the cache - Leave ALL 3 Checked
      • Downloaded Applets
        Downloaded Applications
        Other Files
    • Click OK on Delete Temporary Files Window

Note: This deletes ALL the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the CACHE.
    • Click OK to leave the Java Control Panel.

• Windows Updates
    Remeber to Check Windows for updates

• Flush System Restore
    Reset and Re-enable your System Restore to remove infected files that have been backed up by Windows. The files in System Restore are protected to prevent any programs from changing those files. This is the only way to clean these files: (You will lose all previous restore points which are likely to be infected)1. Turn off System Restore.On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
    Click Properties.
    Click the System Restore tab.
    Check Turn off System Restore.
    Click Apply, and then click OK.
    2. Restart your computer.

3. Turn ON System Restore.On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
    Click Properties.
    Click the System Restore tab.
    UN-Check Turn off System Restore.
    Click Apply, and then click OK.
System Restore will now be active again.

To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read this article by Tony Klien: So how did I get infected in the first place?
[/list]

uptown hunk

uptown hunk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Hi don77,
got some bad news...my pc has been thru a lot these couple of days..it was showing this message at start-up ( after boot) that WINDOWS system32 config file is missing or infected plz insert original xp cd to repair..But i tried repairing but it didnt help much..in the end everything was working fine except that the usb port jus wont decect any hardware (not even mouse)..Fed up of it all i formatted the pc ( C drive only)...i downloaded windows live-one care again..Jus tell me if i can use those other anti-spyware softwares u asked simultaneously..

uptown hunk

uptown hunk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
hi don77,
Now i'm sure my pc is free from all kinds of malware..(really have no idea what was that that happened)...neys i want to create a fresh restore point now...Also tell me if i can use those anti-spyware programs along with live onecare...
THANKS for all the help till now..!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by uptown hunk, 30 January 2008 - 10:42 AM.

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
you can try adding them one at a time and if the performance of the machine starts slowing down you will want to uninstall the last one you just installed

Glad to hear everything is working for you
:)

uptown hunk

uptown hunk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Hi don77,
i downloaded n installed IE-spyad..all was fine till then but when i tried i tried ad-aware 2007 after a while my windows live-one care gave the warning to take immediate action (ie to uninstall ad-aware ) because it may interfere with it and not work properly and my pc is at risk...I belive it will say the same foe the other anti-spyware programs u mentioned like syware blaster etc...Is there any other alternative to make my pc more secure....???

Edited by uptown hunk, 03 February 2008 - 01:09 PM.

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
I would try and download spyware blaster if onecare gives the same message then just stick with onecare

uptown hunk

uptown hunk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
HI don77,
I downloaded spyware blaster and its working jus fine...No warning from live one care or any thing as such...Thanks for that and everything of course..!!!!
:) ....keep up the good work..!!! :)

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.