Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

laptop cd drive won't open and makes weird noises !

• Please log in to reply

jennefur8675

jennefur8675

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
I was burning some Christmas music on CD a few weeks ago, and when I opened my CD drive on my laptop to remove the CD, I noticed that the little round thiing that was usually located on my cd drive was now on the floor. The little round piece that you pop a CD on before you close the CD drive had dislogded itself somehow. Well, I thought, heck, I'll just pop it back on, and that I did. So, as I was burning yet another CD of Christmas music, I started hearing some weird noises coming from the CD drive. I stoppped the buring process and pushed the button to open the CD drive, but no luck. It kept making noise but now it was louder. I cannot get this drive open at all. Everytime the computer turns on, it makes a kinda loud rattling noise for about 3 minutes from the CD drive. My guess is that the little round thingy popped out again and is stuck somehow in there. Unfortunately, this is the only CDR drive I have so I really need to get this drive open and fixed. Any help would really be appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Jenn

Advertisements

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
I'm afraid you'll need to send it to a technician to help - as if the drive is broken there may still be chances of it being saved. One piece of advice though - send the whole laptop to the laptop maker. They are more trusted than those independent shops out there.

~Kelvin

~Kelvin