Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

music retrieval from ipod

• Please log in to reply

relentless

relentless

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi, basically My laptop was completely restored and to transfer my songs from my ipod to itunes I'll have to access them as hidden folders. Once I copy all the songs from the ipod to my music, they are all asigned new random 4 character titles, eg: "AKFG", "XCRF" etc etc.

When I right click each song and view it's properties, the details of the file such as the artist and song title etc are all there.

So, my question is whether I can change the names of the files back to the actual song titles (appearing in my music with the artist and album details underneath the song title in faded text) in, prefferably, just one click - rather than having to individually rename each and every of my 3000+ songs?

thanks for any help, and my sincerest of appologies if this is in the wrong forum, I think it's ok..

Sarah.

Advertisements

relentless

relentless

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
anyone?

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
did you manually go in to the ipod and get the songs off like you would if it was a USB memory stick??

I would recomend deleting them all off your computer then go to http://www.sturm.net...p;Page=SharePod and download sharepod

This lets you get all your music off your ipod with the correct names and info!

Hope this helps as i no how annoying it can be (As i had your problem :))

SpuD