Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

stop: fatal system error c000021a

• Please log in to reply

nc2cute4ewe

nc2cute4ewe

• Pip
  • 1 posts
For the last couple of days my computer boots up fine and then as soon as I attempt to scan for a virus, download a file, or backup my files it go to a blue screen with th following error: " STOP: Fatal system error. The windows logon process terminated unexpectedly 0xc0000005 (0x00000000) system has been shut down". I have read similar posts to mine and have tried to attempt some of the solutions but it won't stay up long enough to complete anything. It keeps going to this blue screen. I have done it in safe mode; I have tried to go to the last best configuartion; I have done a system restore to a previous date and to no avail. This is a lap top with windows xp on it. I haven't downloaded any new software or hardware lately and my main thing is that I want it stay up long enough for me to back up my files on it, but it will start-up and then go to the blue screen. Please help me!

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
You probably already saw this one, but just in case you haven't: http://www.updatexp....0xC0000005.html