Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't log in to windows(no account)

• Please log in to reply

hiwatt

hiwatt

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi folks,I'm really in need of help.I accidently deleted an account on my computer and I can't get back in.There was an account called "everyone" (which was there when I bought my computer)and the administrator account.As I am the only user and have administrator rights I thought I wouldn't need the "everyone" account but when I reeboot it boots as normal but when it gets to the windows xp screen there is no logon box to log in to.I've tried safe mode,safe mode with command prompt,I've tried ctrl-alt-del x2,nothing can get me into my computer.I don't have a windows xp pro disc however I can access the recovery console via a friends xp home cd.Can anyone PLEASE help me to get my computer and my files back,it'd be much appreciated.Thankyou.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Need to do a Windows repair. You'll need to either beg or borrow an XP Pro CD from a friend before you can do this.

hiwatt

hiwatt

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Is there definetely no other way I can log in to my computer except by doing a repair install?I can access the recovery console so if anyone can help me with getting into my computer it'd be much appreciated.Thanks.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Don't take this the wrong way but the recovery console will not help you here.
Can I just ask, how come you don't have an XP CD? It should have come with the computer.

hiwatt

hiwatt

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Neil,Iwhen I bought my computer xp pro was already installed on it and there was no disc.It's a genuine version of windows bought from a store.I've been told that you can access system restore via the recovery console but I don't know how to do it.Any help would be much appreciated.Thanks.

hiwatt

hiwatt

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I'm pleased to repore that I got my computer back.A friend was able to access my folders and do a system restore.Thanks.