Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2 XP Machines loose connection to Print Server

• Please log in to reply

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Hello:

At work, two of our Windows XP machines keep loosing connection to our print server somehow. During this time, these two girls can't print to ANY network printers attached to the print server. All of the installed printers show "Access Denied, you are not connected to the Printer". The one girl had the accounting printer installed but couldn't access it today. When I tried to add the Revenue Audit printer, I browsed to the print server from the Add Printer Wizard, but nothing would happen when I double clicked on that server. Normally, a list of all it's printers is listed. I clicked RUN and typed the path to the server and pressed ENTER. Then, a box appeared with all of the printers displayed. I double clicked the Revenu Audit printer. Not only did it install, but the Accounting printer switched to a "READY" status instead of an "Access Denied" status. We have close to 200 machines on our network and these are the only two PCs that are doing this.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Magus

Advertisements