Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

netgear router won't connect to internet

• Please log in to reply

gradedreading

gradedreading

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have netgear wireless router and run a macbook and Reciva internet radio off it for some time without major problems. At Christmas my wife bought a toshiba laptop (Vista Home) which connected without difficulty until Saturday when everything went pear shaped. The mac continues to connect fine but the PC and the internet radio dropped off.

The message coming from the internet radio is dns servers invalid.

The PC indicates that it is connecting to the router but the router is not connecting to the internet. Local

Tried to reconfigure on router page (from PC) but failed to generate DNS address (00) (set up wizard can't find internet connection.

Windows firewalls turned off: Avast ones presumably on (don't know how to turn them off)

The only things that changed on Saturday were

a) I installed Creative Zen software
b) I disconnected the router from the cable box (and then recoonnected) when trying to move the boxes. Broadband is connected to LAN port - tried with internet port but the mac internet stopped working

I have rebooted both the broadband box and the router many times to no avail

Help!

Many thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This sounds like a provider issue.
Phone them up and shout at them.

CamTheMan