Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cannot connect to internet

• Please log in to reply

losted

losted

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
Hi:

I just recently bought a new computer. The computer came with an installed version of vista home premium, and the internet worked fine when I simply plugged the ethernet cable to the computer. But after I formated computer to install win xp, I can't connect to the internet no matter what. I've tried rewiring it so that it's directly using the modem not through router, as well as rebooting comp/router/modem and stuff. What I've noticed is that in the device manager, under network adapters, there is only 1394 net adapter. I don't think that's correct. The computer isn't recognizing neither the modem nor router at all. Don't know how to fix this. Can someone plz help me. Thank you very much.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
Press start then run then type devmgmt.msc
then press <enter>

Or

Right click My Computer then choose Manage then Device Manager

Do you see any yellow ? or !