Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FF doesn't open to home page

• Please log in to reply

stars1234

stars1234

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Little problem with my FF started, after system crash. Don't know where to look to fix it.

Upon opening, FF is set to go to the default homepage, mozilla. It's worked okay until the sys. went down & I had to do a cold restart.
Evidently something got turned off or scrambled someplace.

When I open FF, it says it is waiting for info from the homepage, but nothing happens. It doesn't time out. But it does show it is searching.

If I click on the homepage icon, it immediately comes up.

I've tried setting different homepages and the same thing--it won't go to the homepage, unless I click the icon, even though in my FF settings I have it set to automatically open to the homepage I have entered.

It's no biggie, but a bit annoying that it won't open as it should.

Any ideas of what might be amiss? Something in the FF about:config gone to "0" instead of "1"?

What do you think?

Advertisements

Cyborg Ninja

Cyborg Ninja

I don't know what Polite means

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
This doesn't sound at all like a minor config setting change. It seems Firefox on your computer has become corrupted and you will need to do a clean reinstall of the browser. You may need to find an old version of the browser since you are using an outdated OS. Yeah, this is definitely not minor. And it sounds like you know how to change your homepage already. You really have little choice. You should also scan your hard drive to make sure the rest of it isn't becoming corrupted. I'd save my important documents now if I were you. Why do you still use Win98, btw?

Clark76

Clark76

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 34 posts
Just to let you know that according to Mozilla FireFox should run fine on Win 98
http://www.mozilla.c...quirements.html