Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Open with...? What program!

• Please log in to reply

supaa_sweet89

supaa_sweet89

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I figured out how to change the format of the games ive downloaded, with windows 98 u hav 2 hold down shift and right click on the object, and there is open with...But i dont no what program to open my games with!??? Help! ive no idea

Advertisements

Emory

Emory

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Wow, I didnt know thats how you do it. I always had to delete the File Type just to open a file with another program. As for games im not sure what you would open them with. They dont open when you first install them?

Ntd

Ntd

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
Hey, it all depends on there ending eg. *.exe.*.rar,*.zip,*.iso. Now if you have downloaded the games i suspect you were donwloading them from a warez server, if that is the case then you have probally downloaded them in a *.iso format. An *.iso file is an image file for burners, meaning to run the game you have to burn the game to a blank disk and then run it from the disk for the game to be in an exe format. If you have downloaded them in a .exe format windows will automatically know what file it is and you will never get a box asking what program to run it in. For *.rar or *.zip use a program called WinRAR (google the term "WinRAR" to fiind a download page) to open them. However it could be in a different format so for us to help you you need to tell us what format it is in.