Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with EA games

• Please log in to reply

Delgon

Delgon

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have a few EA games like The Battle for Middle Earth 1, 2 and the expansion pack and Command & Conquer the first decade. They all used to work now they all crash on the start up screen. But all my other games not from EA work. I have contacted EA with there email support but no reply yet. Has anyone had that problem?

Advertisements

AgentMES

AgentMES

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
Hello, first of all we need your system specifications and we also need the error message (if there is one) you get when you start up an ea game.

-AgentMES

Delgon

Delgon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
My operating system is xp, processor is an intel pentium dual at 1.60GHz, memory 1022MB, ATI radeon HD 2400 pro 256MB, realtek hd audio output. The error code is win32k.sys 0x00000050 (0xE8ED1304 0X00000000 0XBF89412B 0X00000001)

AgentMES

AgentMES

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
Hello, Pretty much all of what I can think of is, two things: Video card driver corrupted, you may have a virus.
Do you get a blue screen or "stop error" when you try to run an ea game? Also, what version of Direct X are you running? You can find this out by going to the run dialog box, typing in "dxdiag" (without the quotations) and going to the display tab, copy the info from there and post it here. Please post everything the error contains here (if you didn't already).
Thank you,

-AgentMES

Edited by AgentMES, 11 January 2008 - 11:51 AM.

Delgon

Delgon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
It crashes then goes to a blue screen then I have to restart my PC. The error code is what I posted above and my Direct X 9.

AgentMES

AgentMES

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
Okay.. You could go to the HiJack This forum section on this site and post your Hijack This Log. The only other thing I can think of is maybe you need to update your video card driver. :)

Sorry about this I know how frustrating these things can be..

-AgentMES

Edited by AgentMES, 11 January 2008 - 11:55 AM.

AgentMES

AgentMES

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
Update> I believe this is your same problem, you could try going here: Stop Error

I hope this fixes it,

-AgentMES

Delgon

Delgon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for your help

AgentMES

AgentMES

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
You are very welcome.. Sorry I can't help you further. :)

-AgentMES

AgentMES

AgentMES

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
Delgon, I would sure like to hear how things turn out for you...

-AgentMES