Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Pro internet access blocked and reboots

• Please log in to reply

lhswanson

lhswanson

• Pip
  • 2 posts
The computer has internet access in safe-mode, but not in normal. Also, the windows security bubble opens constantly. I can close the window, but if I click on the balloon the system reboots itself. If I try to access a web page, it reboots.

I've run :
Adaware
Spybot
Panda (online in safe mode)
Hitman Pro (which automates the download, installation, and running of "literally" every free adware/spyware/virus control program out there-- In rapid succession) I ran it both in safe-mode and normal.
HijackThis (and while I was downloading it, I noticed StartupList and grabbed it too)
StartupList

in that order. What caught my eye was what StartupList reported'

Skipping zones for this user since there are 11,892 domains in them.
Skipping zones for default user since there are 4161 domains in them
Skipping zones for LOCAL SERVICE since there are 4161 domains in them.
Skipping zones for NETWORK SERVICE since there are 4161 domains in them.
Skipping zones for SYSTEM since there are 4161 domains in them.

I did a little looking around and saw that the C: drive was full (shouldn't be since it only contains a few programs, D: is the partition the majority of the software is installed in)

The C:\Windows folder had ballooned to 4.5 G with the System32 folder containing about 2 G

Any ideas on what's wrong, or causing it, or how to fix it?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Larry

Advertisements

lhswanson

lhswanson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Original post 1-11-08

1-15-08 (today)

I don't know if no one can help, or if my post just slipped through the cracks, but any reply would be appreciated. I know that the forum is busy, but it would be nice to know whether anyone can help or whether I need to move on to another forum to find the help I need. I've been checking for a response at least twice a day since it was posted.

Thanks in advance for a reply either way,
Larry