Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The best message boards online

• Please log in to reply

Cyborg Ninja

Cyborg Ninja

I don't know what Polite means

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Do you know of any ranking system that gives you a list of the most popular message boards on the Internet? Do you know of any boards that have so many members they can hardly handle them all?

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Do you mean "most popular" as "boards with most traffic"? Quantity does not mean quality. What makes a message board "good" to you? My favorite boards all seem to have a friendly family feeling to them. Some people like boards that have strict rules, and some seem to favor more casual moderation. I suppose to define "best" you'd have to choose a topic. This isn't the place to talk about "how to fix cars" or get advice on your love life. (Well, you can get advice on your love life, but don't take it!) However, if you need computer help, this is the place to come.
Johanna

Stinky Britches

Stinky Britches

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Random Discussion = computer help? I'm confused. I see other posts about such diversified subjects as eBay, tech decor for a new office cubicle, when does middle age start and What did you get for Christmas. As for message boards, indeed one must scope in on a given subject first and foremost.

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
Stinky Britches, when Johanna said "if you need computer help, this is the place to come", I think she was referring to Geeks to Go, not to the Random Discussion Forum. :)

Stinky Britches

Stinky Britches

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Ahhh! Thanks much for clearing that up. I was stumped for a minute there LOL ! On the short time I've been on GTG I've enjoyed myself immensely. Hope you enjoy your long weekend.

njay

njay

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
My favourite forum are a band forum (from the band AFI). The off-topic section is a strange family with too many inside jokes, very open-minded people, and a long history (some members have been on there for about 10 years). The funny thing is that most of the people in there rarely wander over to the other section of the board (where there's news and discussion about the band itself), and vice-versa. It's a completely different 'culture'.

The only other forum I frequent is of one of the nerdiest hobby one can have: language construction. It's a pretty strange place as well, with quite bizarre demographics (real-life majorities are majorities on that forum).

I like a forum when there's a good balance between joking around and good discussion, stupid topics and informative topics. I'm not sure if this board has it, I only just arrived to get the final bits of malware of my poor laptop. So helpful, it is. I have a mild interest in computers, and I like knowing what the thing can do, and what I can do to keep it functioning, so I guess I'll come 'round here for some info every now and then :)