Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Signature was removed ! Can someone explain a bit more please?

• Please log in to reply

lizbr

lizbr

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I had a link to my websites in my signature and it was removed earlier today. Can someone please explain to me why this has happened? My sites do not sell anything!! One is a free computer help site, would this by why? Surely this site knows that I am no competition to them...

The other site is a basically a money saving tip website.

If these sites are not allowed, can someone tell me what is?

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
According to our Terms of Use

# The posting of links in signatures to rival tech sites is not permitted. If you do your post will be subject to editing by a moderator or administrator of Geeks to Go. Continuing to do so will be treated as spam and result in the termination of your membership.
# If linking to another tech site the resource must not be available on Geeks to Go through either the Support Forums or the rest of the site, and the link must be relevant to the members question.
# A simple text link to a personal site is okay, as long as it meets our normal family friendly, and safe surfing guidelines. You must own or be closely associated with the site. No banners, referral links, etc.

One of the administrators determined that your signature did not meet our TOU, therefore it was edited. We typically never allow links to other computer help sites, and the other site I believe was removed because it required a fee to participate. If you feel this was done in error, you may PM an admin about it.

lizbr

lizbr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Can you check this site and tell me why it was removed as there is no fees and it is not computer related? Removed
Is this ok?

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Do you own or administer that site? Is it a personal site? If not, then no. Ill refer you to the Terms of Use.