Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keeping Old Host's Email Address with New DNS Host?

• Please log in to reply

katie_10101

katie_10101

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, any help with this would be great!

I bought a domain name with one company. I hosted it with them for a while, but found their service less than good, so rather than continuing to host with them I decided to put that Domain name under my DNS hosting of a different company.
That's working well, except.........
My original email address, which I set up whilst hosting with the first company, now seems to reject emails.
It is in the form [email protected]
I tested a couple, but they always fail. I can still log in to that email address through the company's website, but the emails do not arrive. They now bounce back.

PLease help! I don't want to pay for hosting through the 1st company. Maybe I can change the domain over to the new company?

Advertisements

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
Did the company provide to you included with their server or did you set it up on your own? If the company provided it along with the server, unfortunately it can't be taken back unless you rejoin the company's hosting plan (the original one which you were using).

An alternative is to set up a mailserver through Google for your site.

~Kelvin