Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New laptop-cant access internet

• Please log in to reply

efirst

efirst

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hello-
I have had a "new" (refurbished) Dell D600 for over a week now and am unable to get connected to the internet. I am completely inept at understanding the lingo or what it is I have or need to get this working. I do know that the laptop came with a PC card which is in the laptop now. Also bought wireless G lynksys which seems to be working. My DSL router is Westell 327W which I understand also acts as a wireless router. I have read many prior posts on this site to see if I could fix this but it only confuses me more! On my laptop I have two computer icons at the bottom which show both as connected. Im sure that it is some number that I need to put somewhere but have no clue what that would be. The desktop that I have came with windows XP home edition already installed and without the disk. The laptop has Windows XP professional installed, also came without a disk. I would so appreciate your help. I really need to get up and running with this quickly!

Thank you in advance!
Erika aka efirst

Advertisements

efirst

efirst

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I have some new information. I took my laptop over to a friends house last night and got it to connect to internet by using Yahoo instead of MSN. I thought the problem was fixed! I came back home and now I cannot connect using MSN or Yahoo! Wireless connection is still on with excellent strength.