Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Application problem with CoffeeCup Visual Site designer

• Please log in to reply

cptbbear

cptbbear

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi I'm new to the forum and in a real bind. Until 5 days ago my Coffee Cup Visual Site designer worked. now I get this error:

AppName:vsd.exe AppVer:5.7.3.0 ModName: mfc42.dll
ModVer: 6.2.4131.0 Offset: 0005d3df
and
Faulting application visualsite dsigner.exe,version 1.0.0.0
faulting module
mfc42.dll,version 6.2.4131.0, fault address 0x0005d3df

At one time I also got these errors also:
This particular error was before I reinstalled the programme:
AppName:vsd.exe AppVer:5.7.3.0 ModName: mfc42.dll
ModVer: 6.2.4131.0 Offset: 0005d3df

Error:
There has been an error.
Error runningC:\ProgrammeFiles1CoffeeCup Software1A/CoffeCup Visual Site Designer/vsd.exe : child killed: segmentation violation
I have reinstalled the programme many times. I have talked with Coffee Cup tech support they say it's my windows that is at fault that it's corrupt... I have all the current updates to windows and SP2 and need this programme urgently to upload my pages to my website. Ok...I'm not good at at creating html nor css style sheets so I use this programme so need it very badly. I cleaned my registry before I reinstalled the programme and it worked for all of 3 minutes...then I got the same error.

All my other programmes work perfectly including the other coffee cup programmes.

Can someone urgently :) please?
Thanking you in advance. Look forward to your urgent response.
cptbbear
:)

Advertisements

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Welcome to GTG.

Go to Start->Run and type in sfc /scannow and hit OK. Let it scan. If it finds any files missing/corrupted, it may ask for the Windows CD if it finds something wrong. Otherwise, it will close itself.

cptbbear

cptbbear

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi Greyknight,

I tried your suggestion. I ran the sfc/scannow. I don't now if it worked or not. For only a second a box appeared then nothing. So I guess that's the way it's supposed to work. If that statement
is true then I guess nothing is missing or corrupt. So what now? I don't understand why the programme worked fine for the last year or so then 5 days ago went up in smoke. I can't preview my pages nor upload to my server. Always the same error. Is there a problem with the mfc42.dll? This particular dll is in various files with my system...for example
C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Tools.VisualCPlus.
Runtime-Libraries_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.9792.0_x-ww_08a6620a
C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Tools.VisualCPlus.
Runtime-Libraries_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.0.0_x-ww_ff9986d7
C:\i386\ASMA\6000\VCRTL
C:\i386
C:\Program Files
C:\WINDOWS\system32
and other files including the Coffee Cup Programme file.

They all have different versions and create dates. I have no idea what this all means. So any and all help would be welcome.

Thanking you in advance
Best regards
Cptbbear