Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Web pages not loading or showing as error on page

• Please log in to reply

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Right click on each icon and choose "Update"...then reboot. Let's see if that straightens them out. Check them again after doing that and see if the status has changed for any of them.

Advertisements

dbarker

dbarker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Ok I did that and it did not change the ones that I listed but now I have 2 that say damaged. They are:

DeviceEnumclass

HpProductDetectionclass

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Click on the "Version" tab of each of those and let me know what applications they belong to.

dbarker

dbarker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Both of them belong to the HP Device Detection Library. This is for my printer I think as my computer is a Dell

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Do you have the recovery cd that came with your Dell?

dbarker

dbarker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
yes, if I use that will I lose any of the files that are saved on my system? I have business records that I cannot lose.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
With a Dell CD you can run a Repair Installation of XP...not all OEM disks have this option, but Dell does.

Try this REPAIR to your installation of XP. This procedure will not damage or change your current files or settings...it will just repair or replace damaged system files. You will be asked for your Installation CD and may be asked for your product key. Follow the instructions carefully...print them out if you can. Note: This option is not always available on OEM Recovery Cd's

Once this repair has completed, you will have to download all Windows Updates again.

If your IE7 arrived as an update, this should remove it properly and it will be reinstalled as a part of the Windows Update.

dbarker

dbarker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. I have been looking for my disk. It is not with the rest of my software for the computer. I have another one coming from Dell and should be here in a few days. I will do the repair when it arrives and get back to you then.

thanks for all your help.

D

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
My pleasure... :)

Let me know how it goes.

dbarker

dbarker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Ok, I got IE7 removed and then reloaded it so some of my programs would work. It did not solve the problem. Any other ideas?

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Have you received the disk from Dell and tried the repair yet?

dbarker

dbarker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
The disk that I got wants me to add a product ID and the one I have does not work with the disk. I found a way to uninstall IE7 without the disk. If you can give me a product ID that will work I will be happy to try that. I called dell and they did not know why it was asking me for a product code or ID it should not have been.

The disk they sent me was just an XP home disk so I do not know if that will work different or not.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Is the product key you're using the one from the label on the side of the machine?

Run Magic Jelly Bean on the machine and see what key it finds. If the machine has ever been re-registered with MS, the numbers may be different.

dbarker

dbarker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Ok, you were right for some reason the key that jelly bean found was different then the one on my machine. I will back up my most important files and then do the repair install.