Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Question Mark

• Please log in to reply

Lyndsay

Lyndsay

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I need help. My computer is in French mode and need it in English, every time i press question mark it comes up as an E. Any ideas??

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
click on start, then settings, then control panel, then regional and language options, set everything you can see to english, then go to the languages tab and press details, make sure that's set to english (if you're in the US make sure it's US otherwise pick the english that corresponds to your nationality) in the window at the bottom of that screen remove all profiles that aren't english...press apply and ok till everything is closed

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
If the letters on a "French" keyboard are etched in a different order compared to an "English" keyboard then, besides enabling English, as suggested by dsennette, you must have an English keyboard. If your computer is a laptop (keyboard expensive and hard to replace) then there are places who etch keyboards to make them bi, or even trilingual. Where I live it cost about 40-50 dollar.