Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics Card Driver query help please

• Please log in to reply

carbuncle

carbuncle

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
I have a Radeon 9000 Graphics card which is pretty old by today's standards and have the 4.10 drivers installed, i use the 'File Hippo' updates to my system which tells me that updated drivers for the ATI card are available and these have gone up to 7.12

What i would like to know from anybody if possible is are the 7.12 for my card or for the latest ATI card released and if they are available for my card am i best to have these or stick with the ones ive had installed for years namely the 4.10 version.

I am using XP sp2 and my machine is an Athlon 2000+ 1.67 ghz with 2gb of Ram

Thanks in advance

Rob

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi carbuncle,

Here is the official ATI drivers webpage. If you select XP (Professional/Home is probably the most commonly used) as your operating system, then Radeon, then scroll down and select the Radeon 9000 Series, when you press the small, green GO button at the bottom of the boxes it takes you to the version 6.11 download.

I would assume that this is the latest Catalyst suite that supports your card, so I wouldn't try installing any newer versions than this.

Cheers,

Troy.

Edited by troy, 15 January 2008 - 04:38 PM.

carbuncle

carbuncle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Thanks Troy appreciate the fast response, just downloading those now.

Cheers

Rob