Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A Few Q`s

• Please log in to reply

Foxxed

Foxxed

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Ok my first question is:
i know someone who resistantly had his computer "Upgraded" New HDD,processor,new fan and what not(not sure what all was replaced)

But now when he uses the internet it will lock up and go to the windows system page.

Any idea what it could be????

Second is for my computer:
I have 2 HDD`s one is a 18Gb and the other is a 120Gb
But for some reason i cant use the 120 as a Main(Just a slave) so i cant get windows on it, Is there any way to copy all my windows files from C: over to D: ?

Advertisements

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
Welcome to Geeks-To-Go.

Your first question could be hardware related, it could be a bad memory stick or bad driver. The only thing that would help here is if you could get the error code that it gave when it locked up. I would talk with the people that upgraded it and tell them that your having issues. But if you can get that error message from the event log or from the screen itself, that would be helpful.

Your second question should be placed in our Windows XP forum. http://www.geekstogo...2003-NT-f5.html

But basically, what you would want to do is take out your 18gig and make your 120gig the master. Install windows on it, then hook your 18gig up as the slave after you've installed windows and then copy the files over from it.

Foxxed

Foxxed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Ok i`ll see if i can take a look at it Thursday or Friday.

Foxxed

Foxxed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
ok so what i found was Error
"0xc0000006" in CMD trying to run Chkdsk.

And its either the System or the HDD so Monday i`ll be reinstalling windows on it

Edited by Foxxed, 18 January 2008 - 07:20 PM.