Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless USB Adapter And World of Warcraft?

• Please log in to reply

FutureWoWplayer

FutureWoWplayer

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Hi, I am a little unsure if this should go in this forum but I figured because part of the problem is a hardward issue that it might fit. If it however does not go in this forum, please move it to the appropiate forum.

Now here is my problem. I am an advid World of Warcraft player. As many know this is an online game that requires a broadband connection. Well I've recently been having a problem with my wireless internet. In my house the router is set in the garage, however my room is right next to the garage, so I figured I would recieve no interuption between the walls.

As of late though I have been unable to maintain a stable connection. Especially when my guild requires me to raid. It sucks because World of Warcraft is not just something I play for fun, it is also tied into my work.

Unfortunately I have no experience or knowledge about networks. I know the very basic beginner stuff like where to plug what into, but after that I am totally lost. So Ive turned to Geeks to Go for help. Hopefully someone will be able to help me. I would like to find out what causes my internet connection to be so slow. It tends to occur only when I log onto World of Warcraft of Ventrilo Client Server.

I have speculated that it may be something with my firewall, but I believe I am only using the windows firewall. I have also speculated that it could be because of a bad driver. But to be honest I have no clue where to begin to try and correct this issue. If there is anyone with someone knowledge that could help me I would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks

Chris

Advertisements